- In 2011 the use of ethanol helped reduce the average price of gas by $1.09, saving American families on average $1,200 over the year.
- Additionally, as a high octane additive, ethanol helps car engines run cleaner and reduces engine knock and pinging.
- The increasing use of ethanol fuel has had a positive impact on our nation's economy by creating jobs; our environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions; and our national security by reducing the country's dependence on foreign oil.
Source: Renewable Fuels Association
- Ethanol Keeps Gasoline Prices $1.09 Cheaper
- The Renewable Fuels Standard, Ethanol and the U.S. Corn Crop
- Corn Prices Higher Regardless of Ethanol
- More Corn For Food, Not Ethanol
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!
Post a Comment