The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries… better known as OPEC… is starting to feel the heat of the increased use of biofuels. And the National Ethanol Vehicle Coalition is asking your help to keep them on the ropes.
NEVC wants you to get involved:
The European Union and nations around the world are looking at biofuels, made from plant and animal matter, to boost energy security, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and open new markets for farmers.
“We have great concerns about this … about policies which discriminate against oil,” Fuad Siala, alternative energy sources analyst at the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, said at a Hart energy conference in Brussels.
“We have legitimate concerns to revisit our investment plans,” he said.
The NEVC says you can help by talking to your U.S. Senator about how E-85 will help this country shake the yoke of foreign oil:
1. Send an email message to your Senators. Click here, edit the sample letter we have written for you, fill in your contact information, then click “Send My Message!”
2. Call your Senators. Express your support for E85 by calling the Senate switchboard at (202) 224-3121 or by looking up the number for your Senators’ offices by clicking here. Emphasize the following points with the staffer:
* With gasoline prices so high, promoting E85 will save consumers money.
* Using domestically-produced E85 reduces our dependence on foreign oil and helps the U.S. economy.
3. Tell a friend. Forward this information (use the link below) to your friends, colleagues, and others that have an interest in promoting E85 and ask that they too send a note to their Senators. The success of our campaign depends on getting as many people as possible to contact their Senators!