Ah! you say, this is only about "corn ethanol". Well it's not. From their secret proposal, their goals include all ethanol.
This campaign will serve three important goals:This all fits nicely with the oil industry's efforts to eliminate competition to gasoline as well. As goes corn ethanol, so goes all ethanol.
- Freeze or rollback the current corn ethanol mandate;
- Stop ongoing efforts to increase the current corn ethanol mandates from 15 to 20 or 22 billion gallons; and,
- Stymie state efforts to mandate that all gasoline include 10 percent or more ethanol.
We told you about their plans earlier when they were revealed by RollCall and Senator Grassley. The GMA's campaign comprises four main components:
- Develop a left-leaning coalition of environmentalists, hunger and poverty activists and labor groups;
- Blame food cost increases on biofuels (while ignoring the role of soaring energy costs);
- Send anti-ethanol propaganda to food banks and other local opinion leaders;
- Pay others to create "third-party" reports and spread their slanted points-of-view.
Expect to see a lot more misinformation appear as they continue to roll-out their attacks.
- Big Food's Food Fight Finally Featured
- Big Food's Big Profits
- Senator Grassley Responds to Ethanol Smear Campaign
- Iowans Urged to Voice Opinion on Smear Campaign
- Tell Big Food to Stop Blaming Ethanol
Find What You Seek --> Search FoodandFuelAmerica.com
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!