America has been blessed with an abundant land and hard-working farmers who provide a bounty of food for the world.
GrandMa Cornelia's Corn Bread Dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry corn bread mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the celery and onion until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, 3 cups crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Place into prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Turkeys Arrive in Corn-fed Style at White House
- Corny Christmas: GrandMa Cornelia's Christmas Corn Bread
- James Garner Thanks America's Corn Growers
- It's Time to Thank Farmers
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!