The Secretary of Agriculture heads a Cabinet department of more than 100,000 employees.
The president said that Ed Schafer is the right choice to fill this post because he was a leader on agricultural issues during his eight years as the governor of North Dakota.
The president said that in his new job, Ed will carry on the work of another fine public servant, Mike Johanns.
The president also thanked Deputy Secretary of Agriculture Chuck Conner for serving as Acting Secretary during this time of transition.
- Acting USDA Secretary Touts Corn and Ethanol Successes
- A-Maize-ing Fact: One Bushel of Corn
- USDA Forecasts Record-Setting Corn Crop for 2007
- Oil Prices and Weather Driving Up Food Prices
- Big Oil's War on Ethanol
- How Much Corn is Actually Represented in Meat?
- US Ag Secretary Defends Corn Ethanol
- Pres Bush Announces Resignation of Secretary of Agriculture
- More Food Cost articles
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!
Post a Comment