Survey findings include:
- Concern over U.S. dependence on oil from the Middle East has grown dramatically and now almost equals concern about prices. 76 percent of respondents express concern over imports (56 percent express great concern). This is almost equal to the 78 percent who express concern about prices (63 percent express great concern).
- An overwhelming majority (84 percent) support three requirements in Congressional energy legislation:
- l) higher fuel economy standards for passenger vehicles;
- 2) the purchase of renewable energy by electric utilities, and
- 3) expanded production of biofuels.
- An overwhelming majority (75 percent) still supports these proposals after hearing arguments from opponents of the legislation.
- Opposition to these policies is meager (between 13 and 22 percent).
- Poll: Americans Support Renewable Energy
- New Report Addresses Ethanol Issues
- Find Alternative Fuel Locations
- Biofuels Plant Locations
- Big Oil's Big Stall on Ethanol: Keep E85 Out of Drivers' Tanks
Subscribe to updates by Email
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!