They are leading an effort to send a letter to President George Bush asking him to direct the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to approve appropriate higher blends of ethanol, such as E15, E20, and E30 in a safe and timely manner.
“With consideration of a new farm bill as well as a new energy bill well underway, ethanol and renewable fuels are at the forefront of the discussion. And, while we’ve seen a tremendous jump in knowledge, promotion and usage of renewable fuels, there remain very real barriers,” Grassley said. “In the absence of widespread E85 use at this time, it’s important to ensure a market for today’s ethanol production.”
Source: Senator Grassley
- Senate Bill Provides Platform for Growth
- New Report Addresses Ethanol Issues
- Find Alternative Fuel Locations
- Biofuels Plant Locations
- Big Oil's Big Stall on Ethanol: Keep E85 Out of Drivers' Tanks
- PA Gov. and Former CIA Director Warn Foreign Oil is a Threat
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!