"When oil gets expensive, everything gets expensive. Everything.Maybe tomorrow they'll report the sky is blue, the grass is green and the ocean is big.
Think about it: Almost everything we consume must be transported in boats, planes, trains or trucks that run on petroleum-based fuel. And a lot of consumer goods – and their packaging – are made of petroleum-based plastics or chemicals."
But it's unusual that deep in oil country, a Texas paper is reporting such an easy-to-understand concept that the rest of America already understands. From the recent remarks by the US Ag Secretary to economic analysis, higher energy costs will continue to cause trouble for our economy. And its not just our food prices that are climbing due to higher energy costs.
So perhaps the ominous warning from the former CIA director that foreign oil poses our greatest threat to our security will help policymakers move us towards renewable fuels grown here in the USA.
- Diane Rehm Learns that Oil is Driving Up Food Prices
- "Kernels of Truth" Spreads Truth About Food Costs
- Energy Prices Play a Larger Role in Cost of Food than Corn
- New Report Explains Corn, Ethanol and Food Price Increases
- How Much Corn is Actually Represented in Meat?
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!