Specifically, the report forecasts:
- Corn production is forecast at 13.3 billion bushels -- up 26 percent above 2006.
- Yields are expected to average 154.7 bushels per acre, down 1.1 bushels from September but 5.6 bushels above last year.
- Production would be the largest on record as growers expect to harvest the most corn acres for grain since 1933.
- Acting USDA Secretary Touts Corn and Ethanol Successes
- A-Maize-ing Fact: One Bushel of Corn
- USDA Forecasts Record-Setting Corn Crop for 2007
- Oil Prices and Weather Driving Up Food Prices
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!