"It's nearly impossible to pick up a newspaper today without reading an article on the environment or alternative energy," said Terry Bromberg, president, Weekly Reader Custom Publishing. "We are able to teach students about these relevant topics with current statistics and information that are years from making it into science textbooks. It's great to provide such needed resources to the educational community."
Curricular objectives include:
- Help students consider the current issues surrounding energy today, including increasing global energy demand and environmental and economic impacts
- Explore ways to help reduce petroleum consumption and greenhouse gas emissions by using diverse and renewable energy resources
- Explore ways to conserve energy and become more energy efficient
- Demonstrate the benefits of using renewable energy resources to produce electricity and hydrogen as energy carriers that offer the greatest diversity and lowest environmental impact
- Find Alternative Fuel Locations
- 10 Years of Cleaner Air
- Clean Cities Program Saves Gas
- Big Oil's Big Stall on Ethanol: Keep E85 Out of Drivers' Tanks
- Big Oil's War on Ethanol
- PA Gov. and Former CIA Director Warn Foreign Oil is a Threat
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!
corn ethanol fuel fuels E85 E10