Weekly Trivia Quiz, April 13, 2008
How good are you at Food and Fuel trivia for the week? Try our new weekly trivia quiz. Answers and scoring below the questions. Post your scores in the comments. Good luck!
1. According to a recent report in the Chicago Tribune, global-warming pollution from oil refineries is expected to soar by how much percent during the next decade?
2. Forbes magazine recently wrote that "The cost of crude is like a plague on all of the airlines causing operating costs to rise and cuts to be made." Which two airlines recently filed for bankruptcy due to rising costs?
3. According to IATA (the International Air Transport Association), jet fuel prices have increased how much percent from one year ago? a) 5% b) 10% c) 62%
4. What was the "Unlucky" average price of gasoline this week in the United States?
5. Senator Chuck Grassley (IA) recently sent letters to six top automakers asking about their research efforts on higher ethanol blends. What is the current ethanol blend that is most widely available in the US? a) E100 b) E85 c) E10
6. The anti-farmer, anti-corn propaganda film, King Corn, made by Yale graduates Ian Chaney and Curt Ellis was viewed by Curt's farming relatives. How did they sum of the movie? a) "It's so good" b) "It needs some butter c) "It's so wrong"
7. The price for a barrel of oil reached a new record on the New York Mercantile Exchange this week. What was the record price?
8. During a Congressional hearing this week, lawmakers heard that oil was hurting which form of businesses especially hard?
9. According to a new study by Texas A&M University, what higher prices are affecting consumer prices and agriculture the most?
10. In that same study, important food items like bread, eggs, and milk have high prices are largely unrelated to ethanol or corn prices. True or False.
Earn 10 points for each correct answer.
100 points : Food and Fuel Champ
80-90 points : Great! Keep it up.
60-70 points : Good, but you can do better.
10 - 50 points : Need to visit the site more often
0 points : Are you working for Big Oil?
2. ATA and Aloha Airlines
3. c) 62%
5. c) E10
6. c) "It's so wrong"
8. Small Businesses
9. Higher energy (oil) costs
- Previous Quizes
- Biofuel Myths vs Facts
- Big Oil's War on Ethanol
- Find Alternative Fuel Locations
- New Texas A&M Study Shows Higher Oil Prices are Impacting Consumer Prices
Find What You Seek --> Search FoodandFuelAmerica.com
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!