Watch how the oil execs squirmed their way through answering the question.
Bonus: Towards the end of the clip, Rep. Herseth Sandlin also asked if they had any independent analysis that backed up their claims that corn was increasing food costs versus the cost of energy to produce and transport food. They didn't have anything to share but they had read about it somewhere. They did all agree that increased energy costs were increasing food costs.
If you can't see the video, click HERE.
- Oil Executives to Testify to Congress
- Big Oil's Oily Evasion
- Congresswoman Herseth Sandlin Responds to Ethanol Critics
- Corn: The Modern Marvel
- Rep. Nancy Boyda Shames Big Oil
- "Kernels of Truth" Spreads Truth About Food Costs
- Food for Fuel: Myth vs. Reality - Daschle Responds
- Former CIA Director Warns Foreign Oil is a Threat to America's Economy
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!