The historic legislation improves fuel economy and reduces demand for oil. Most importantly, it includes a 35 billion gallon Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) provision. Other specifics of the bill include:
- Require 9 billion gallons of renewable fuels in 2008 and increasing to the 36 billion gallon requirement by 2022, including a 1 billion-gallon mandate for biodiesel;
- Increase the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standard to 35 miles per gallon by 2020, the first congressional increase in 32 years;
- Study the feasibility of ethanol pipelines, higher ethanol blend levels and the optimization of flex fuel vehicles.
- Senate Passes Energy Bill
- EPA Sets a New Renewable Fuels Standard Mandate for 2008
- RFS Increases Renewable Fuels
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!
Post a Comment