Even before the refinery explosion, regular unleaded gasoline prices had already started to increase. As of Tuesday, the average retail unleaded gas price was UP 8.2 cents from last week to $3.042 according to the US Department of Energy. This is up nearly 75 cents from last year at this time.
The volatility of foreign oil poses an economic and security risk to the United States. Higher oil and gasoline prices impact all aspects of the economy. And with many Americans already feeling the pain of a slowing economy, these higher prices will continue to cause economic pain and suffering.
Source: Energy Information Agency, Department of Energy
- Oil Imports Fuel Trade Deficit
- Oil Industry Launches PR Effort
- Amazing Oil Brings Higher Costs to Many Things
- Oil Squeezes the Less Affluent
- US Spy Chief Warns of Oil Threat from Russia, China and OPEC
- Inflation Surges Due to High Fuel Prices
- New Report Predicts $150 a Barrel Oil
- OPEC to World: No More Oil for You!
- Danger Level of High Oil Costs: SEVERE
- New Oil Wealth is Altering World Politics
- Oil Prices Expected to Ripple Through Economy
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!