The public must not think oil is a renewable, cleaner burning fuel that's good for the environment, reduces our dependence upon foreign countries and improves our American economy. Oh wait, that's NOT oil!
In this article from the West Virginia State Journal, a representative from the American Petroleum Institute (API) describes its new effort at shaping public opinion:
Now an organization that represents the industry has launched a program aimed at clearing up misconceptions about the industry."There are a lot of stereotypes about our industry," said Denise McCourt of the American Petroleum Institute.So look out, that big sucking sound you here coming is Big Oil's PR machine.
"We blame ourselves. We haven't done the job we've needed to do."
Source: The State Journal
- Amazing Oil Brings Higher Costs to Many Things
- Oil Squeezes the Less Affluent
- The Misery of High Cost of Oil
- US Spy Chief Warns of Oil Threat from Russia, China and OPEC
- Exxon Mobil Sets Profit Record
- Inflation Surges Due to High Fuel Prices
- New Report Predicts $150 a Barrel Oil
- IRS Reacts to High Gas Prices
- Former CIA Director Warns Foreign Oil is a Threat
- OPEC to World: No More Oil for You!
- Danger Level of High Oil Costs: SEVERE
- New Oil Wealth is Altering World Politics
- High Oil Costs Trickle Down the Pipeline
- Oil Prices Expected to Ripple Through Economy
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!
Post a Comment