He's not the first person to do so but his influence as one of America's top moneymen should help convince others of the increased financial danger to America's economy.
Pickens appeared on CNBC's "Squawk Box" this past week and said that half a trillion dollars of America's wealth is being plundered by foreign oil suppliers every year.
"You take 10 years and you've got $5 trillion," said Pickens. "That's more than $1 billion a day. We can't stand that."He went on to tell the viewers on CNBC:
"If we do not get on the alternative energy bandwagon and if we don't have a global recession, we could be sitting on $150 oil in two years."Finally, Pickens talked about changing his stance on support of more American-grown ethanol:
"I'd rather have ethanol, and recirculate the money in the country, than to have it go out the back door on us."Source: CNBC.com (watch the video)
- Oil Imports Fuel Trade Deficit
- Oil Squeezes the Less Affluent
- US Spy Chief Warns of Oil Threat from Russia, China and OPEC
- New Report Predicts $150 a Barrel Oil
- New Oil Wealth is Altering World Politics
- Oil Prices Expected to Ripple Through Economy
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!