Weekly Trivia Quiz, March 30, 2008
How good are you at Food and Fuel trivia for the week? Try our new weekly trivia quiz. Answers and scoring below the questions. Post your scores in the comments. Good luck!
1. According the American Farm Bureau, gas would cost how much more per gallon if there was no ethanol? a) No cost difference b) 1 cent c) 5 to 10 cents more
2. Truckers fed up with the high price of diesel threaten to do what to show there anger at the higher prices?
3. Diesel prices increased about how much from a year ago?
4. Which famous university, the academic home of ethanol-critic Dr. Pimentel, is building a $6 million biofuels laboratory?
5. If oil stays around $100 per barrel and refiners cut their production runs to increase their margins, the Consumer Federation of America says that consumers could see gasoline increase how much more a gallon in the coming weeks before the Memorial holiday weekend? a) 5 cents b) 25 cents c) 75 cents?
6. In a new report, the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory says that municipal solid waste can be turned into biofuels. True or False.
7. New research by Kansas State University show what relationship between and E. coli and Dried Distillers Grains? a) A huge, "Oh My God We're All Doomed" link b) somewhat of a link c) no link
8. Tyson Foods CEO Richard Bond blames ethanol for food cost woes. What two impacts does he fail to adequately address in his rant?
9. How many pounds of corn are in a bushel?
10. The goal of the 25 by '25 is to produce how much energy (%) from wind, solar, and biofuel energy by the year 2025?
Earn 10 points for each correct answer.
100 points : Food and Fuel Champ
80-90 points : Great! Keep it up.
60-70 points : Good, but you can do better.
10 - 50 points : Need to visit the site more often
0 points : Are you working for Big Oil?
1. c) 5 to 10 cents more
3. $1.31 a gallon
5. 75 cents more per gallon
7. c) no link
8. demand and energy costs
9. 56 pounds
10. 25% from wind, solar, biofuels by the year 2025
Subscribe to updates by Email
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!