The weekly average price for regular gasoline was up 5.9 cents from last week and over 70 cents from a year ago at this same time.
Higher energy, oil and gas prices are credited with fueling higher food and other price increases in the US economy.
Source: US Department of Energy, Energy Information Administration
- Labor Department: Energy Costs Fueling Inflation
- When Oil Prices Rise, So Does Just About Everything Else
- Oil Imports Fuel Trade Deficit
- US Spy Chief Warns of Oil Threat from Russia, China and OPEC
- Oil Prices Expected to Ripple Through Economy
- Diane Rehm Learns that Oil is Driving Up Food Prices
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!