Weekly Trivia Quiz, May 4, 2008
How good are you at Food and Fuel trivia for the week? Try our new weekly trivia quiz. Answers and scoring below the questions. Post your scores in the comments. Good luck!
1. According to the Congressional Research Service, what was the average Return on Equity for the major oil companies in 2007?
2. According to that same report, ExxonMobil had an even higher ROE. What was it?
3. In testimony before Congress, Dr. Mark Cooper with CFA said that high gasoline prices were the result of an international oil cartel and what else?
4. The average price of gasoline this week was $3.603 cents. True or False.
5. President Bush called the $1.40 increase in gas price a) "no big deal" b) "chump change" or c) "a tax increase on the working people"
6. Senator Charles Schumer noted in opening statements before a Congressional hearing concerned about rising food costs that "gas prices have done what since 2001"?
7. During that same Congressional hearing, the USDA chief economist said what was a bigger impact on food prices than ethanol?
8. US Agriculture Secretary Ed Schafer said many things were responsible for rising world food prices, including low yields, weather and what?
9. General Motors invested in another ethanol company this week, Mascoma. What was the name of the firm they partnered with earlier in the year?
10. There are 7 million Flex Fuel Vehicles (FFV) in the US today. How many are GM brand?
BONUS QUESTION: (also worth 10 points)
B1. The Hummer HX concept vehicle, which can run on E85 ethanol, appears similar to a vehicle in what successful video game series?
Earn 10 points for each correct answer.
100 points : Food and Fuel Champ
80-90 points : Great! Keep it up.
60-70 points : Good, but you can do better.
10 - 50 points : Need to visit the site more often
0 points : Are you working for Big Oil?
3. Tight domestic refining oligopoly
5. c) "A tax increase on the working people"
7. Global markets
10. 3 million GM Flex fuel vehicles
B1. HALO (for the XBox)
Never Miss a New Article--> Subscribe to updates by Email
Find What You Seek --> Search FoodandFuelAmerica.com
Food and Fuel America.com
Good and Balanced Food and Fuel News!